Requirements: Entry qualification
- Bachelor of Science degree in physics or equivalent degree
- Access to the Master's Program Physics of Life Light and Matter at the University of Rostock is connected to the following additional entry requirements:
- Applicants have accquired at least 40 credits in Experimental Physics, 25 credits in the field of Theoretical Physics and 25 credits in mathematics. Applicants may catch up 12 credits within the first year.
- A final note referred to university degree, which corresponds to 75 % of CGPA (Cumulative Grade Point Average) or an equivalent note.
- A good working knowledge of English at the minimum level B 2 (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) or equivalent (e.g., TOEFL IBT: 72-94, for other certificates see here). Native speakers are exempt from a proof of language proficiency.
- The admission requirements according to section 2 have to be proven with certified copies of the related certificates enclosed to the application for admission to study in this study course.
- In individual cases, applicants who do not meet the criteria listed under section 2 can be accepted in case they are expected to be particularly qualified for the master study course. Related matriculation applications have an enclosure (one page) that describes why the candidate has chosen this study course and considers him/herself to be qualified for it. These applications are presented to the examination board for decision.
Besides the formal requirements we invite you to take our self assessment test in order to get an idea about the background we expect you to have. This test does not have any consequences regarding your admission.
There is an admission restriction for foreign students. Thus, an application is required. It has to be submitted
- between 1. May and 15. July if you plan to start your studies in winter term (recommended),
- between 1. December and 15. January if you start your studies in the summer term (possible, but not recommended).
Look here for the official application procedure. Look for "Master courses for non-German prospective students" in the section "Step three".